search  current discussion  categories  kilns & firing - elements 

how to attach kiln elements? martin shiller

updated sat 15 nov 97


Cameron Harman on fri 14 nov 97

Martin is exactly right, it's just that some people make up
their own names for stuff and it sticks. Electricions
sometimes call both items wire nuts.. sounds nuts doesn't
it. But split bolts in Grainger or McMaster Carr are the
correct item. I find them in the local hardware store and nd
from my electrical supply wholesaler as well.

I have customers that have used the same "bugs" for years on
electric kilns that are operated daily.

Just be sure to use good, heavy lead-in wire and at least
double the pig tail on the heating element so that the
connection can run a little cooler.


Cameron G. Harman, Jr. 215-245-4040 fax 215-638-1812
Ceramic Services, Inc 1060 Park Ave. Bensalem, PA 19020
see our web site at
THE place for total kiln and drier support