search  current discussion  categories  techniques - painting 

new touch-up paint

updated mon 4 jan 99


Karen Shapiro on sun 3 jan 99

Hi again Clayarters,

I just found a new product (at least it's new to me) at a local art supply
store. I needed a glossy "paint" to touch up a piece to avoid reglazing and
refiring a piece. I tried something I had never tried -- in the past I have
been using Testor's enamels for this type of "fix-up". It's called
"Porcelaine" by "pebeo" -- a French product. It's a thermohardening water-
based color. It comes in great colors (which, I believe, can be mixed), goes
on like a dream and looks exactly like glossy glaze!!

Just thought I'd pass this on.

Karen in Sonoma