search  current discussion  categories  forms - misc 

glazing large bowls

updated thu 15 feb 07


June Perry on wed 14 feb 07

For glazing large plates, platters and bowls I use a large, flexible rubber
pan that you can buy at feed stores. Here's a link with picture, sizes and
prices. Your local feed and grain store probably carries them or can order them.
With deep bowls, just glaze the inside first by pouring and then lay the
bowl upside down on sticks that sit on the top of the bucket and pour glaze on
the outside. I use sticks that I had someone make for me that are shaped like
a triangle. So if you were looking at the sticks from the short end it would
look like this: /\
This shape allows most of the glaze to flow back into the bucket rather than
collect on the stick and on the rim of your pot.