Andrew Buck on mon 27 jul 98
On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Stewart McCullough wrote:
> 3. How can I learn more about the history and making of YiXing teapots? Are
> there any good books?
I think Ceramics Monthly has a web site. I know that they have had some
good articles on Yixing pottery. Try some of the other pottery magazines
Port Orchard, Washington, USA
Stewart McCullough on mon 27 jul 98
I am starting an YiXing teapot web site, but I have only been able to find one
supplier. I would like more options so that I can compare/contrast their
offerings. So I have the following questions:
1. who are some YiXing teapot distributors in the US?
2. How can I determine if my suppliers are selling me authentic YiXing teapots?
I imagine that some are produced from molds and painted by machines, but how can
3. How can I learn more about the history and making of YiXing teapots? Are
there any good books?
4. How can I learn more about famous YiXing artists?
5. Should I try to order directly from China, or am I better off looking for a
thanks for any info,
Linhares on wed 29 jul 98
Two Yixing tea potters will be visiting WVU in the early fall (end of
Sept) to do demonstrations which I think will be open to the public.
I'll write the list later with all the details when I get them.
Paul in Morgantown, WV